Related Gallery 2013 Land Rover Range Rover
Show full PR text
LAND ROVER REVEALS ALL-NEW RANGE ROVER FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THE U.S.
• All New Range Rover is a modern interpretation of iconic design
making it the most aerodynamic Range Rover ever
• Arrives in U.S. showrooms Winter 2012 with MSRP starting at $83,500*
• U.S. Debut held at Range Rover owner's home for exclusive list of highly loyal customers
• Enhanced all-terrain performance with the introduction of a new fully automatic Land Rover "Terrain Response 2" system**
• The world's first SUV with a lightweight, high strength all-aluminum structure
• Weight savings of about 700lbs when compared to the outgoing model delivers improved performance, fuel economy
• New York City area is largest metro market for Range Rover in the world
(MAHWAH, N.J.) – September 13, 2012 – Tonight, Land Rover revealed to loyal U.S. customers the All-New Range Rover, the fourth generation of the world's most capable and luxurious SUV, and announced that the all new SUV will have a MSRP starting price of $83,500*. The reveal was held at the 30,000 square-foot home on the former Frick estate in New York City suburb, Alpine, New Jersey.
"The debut of the all-new Range Rover is a momentous occasion for Land Rover and our loyal owners," said Kim McCullough, Brand Vice President, Land Rover, North America. "Our customers are incredible brand enthusiasts so they share in the excitement of the U.S. debut of the all-new Range Rover."
In front of an audience of individually selected loyal customers, the uniquely capable all-new Range Rover made an appropriate arrival traversing a rocky angled path to enter the stunning backyard gardens of The Stone Mansion, where the guests got their first chance for an up-close look at the highly anticipated new vehicles.
Attendees were also given the opportunity to tour the mansion, which boasts five floors of 12 bedrooms, 19 bathrooms, indoor basketball court, movie theatre, 11-car garage, 4000-bottle wine cellar and elevator, while enjoying the experience of first class catering and cocktails.
The all-new 2013 Range Rover is the world's first SUV with an all-aluminum unibody structure that is lighter and stronger than ever before, with a weight savings of about 700lbs. Designed and engineered at Land Rover's development centers in the United Kingdom, the next generation Range Rover will be produced at a new manufacturing facility at Solihull, United Kingdom which employs the latest low-energy aluminum body construction technologies. The model was developed from the ground up and equipped with legendary Land Rover off-road capability and transformed on-road handling and agility. The vehicle is unmistakably a Range Rover in design and performance, still capturing the innovative spirit and iconic design of the original model, but with a more spacious and luxurious interior to enhance the driver's experience.
The all-new Range Rover will have a starting price of $83,500* and will go up to $130,950* for the Autobiography. It will be introduced in 170 markets worldwide and arrive in North American showrooms this winter.
Sales for Land Rover in North America have been consistently strong in recent years. In 2011, Land Rover brand sales were up 20 percent to 28.038 units. Year-to-date through August, 2012 Land Rover sales are up 22 percent from 2011.
* Price shown is MSRP. Includes destination. Excludes tax, title, license, dealer fees, all due at signing, and optional equipment. Dealer price, terms and vehicle availability may vary. See your Land Rover dealer for details.
** These features are not a substitute for driving safely with due care and attention and will not function under all circumstances, speeds, weather and road conditions, etc. Driver should not assume that these features will correct errors of judgment in driving. Please consult owner's manual or your local authorized retailer for more details.
News Source: Land Rover
Category: Car Buying, SUV, Land Rover, Luxury, Off-Road
Tags: 2013 land rover range rover, land rover, range rover, range rover autobiography, range rover price, value added tax, vat